INDUSTRY LEADERS IN THE SUPPLY OF SPECIALIST PAINTS FOR GLASS and Acyrilic SURFACES
Based near Southampton, we supply the whole of the UK and beyond to the Glass, Window and Building industries.
Paint coatings for glass and acrylic sheets
Our paint for glass is available in several finishes: solid colours, frosted, translucent, metallic, sparkle and crackle effects.
Avkote GP is a 2K spray application which saves time and money as it requires no Primer and no baking off as it chemically cures with the substrate from only 8-10 degrees or above, it can be used after 24 hours. After, 3-5 minutes: paint is tack free, 10 minutes: paint is touch dry. At 20°C you can obtain a GTO cross hatch test, after 4 Hours, the coating is 70% cured. In one hour at 20°C-dry enough for handling. Our paint can also be left to chemically cure for 24 hours and it can also be cured with catalytic heaters in 10-30 minutes. Paint can be applied wet on wet making it very quick in use, from the mixing to the coverage to the drying times. and is touch dry in 5 minutes very economical as dry film thickness is only 40-60 micron.
Can be applied vertically on A frames, horizontally on trestles or a rotating table.
Theoretical coverage is approx. 8 metres squared- excluding loss caused by over spray.
When deciding on your paint it shouldn’t be just about price, you should consider the following:
Coverage – Accuracy of colour – Quality of product – Fast through the spray booth – Service – Delivery times – Drying times – Easy to use -Mixing scheme option (Mix your own paint) – Technical back up and support
We have been supplying this product now for over 20 years and has been around for some 30 years. We know how this product performs under accelerated tests and the test of time.
It is made with the best quality binders and pigments. It’s had extensive UV and adhesion tests which are available, when colour matching we work to tight tolerances so you are guaranteed to receive the right colour and continuation of colour on large/ongoing jobs.
Our paints are ideal for plastic, glass, metal, wood, PVCu, UPVC, PVC, ABS, kitchens, furniture etc.
Our paints are safe and chemically cured-means you don’t waste your time and money on baking off.
UK’s specialist manufacturer and distributor of paint for plastic, glass, metal, wood, PVCu, UPVC, PVC, ABS, kitchens and furniture Avkote paint coatings.
First class customer service and on-going technical support for all our paint products and services.
AVKO stands for quality and service.
Painting process made simple with one coat application and no need for primer on plastic, glass, metal, wood, PVCu, UPVC, PVC, ABS, kitchens and furniture.
We manufacture, supply and distribute all our paint to the whole of the UK and Ireland.
An extensive collection of over 15,000 brush and spray paint colours for plastic, glass, metal, wood, PVCu, UPVC, PVC, ABS, kitchens and furniture.
Spray paint for plastic, glass, metal, wood, PVCu, UPVC, PVC, ABS, kitchens, furniture etc.
Call us Now on 023 80455 855
Some of our paint for glass successes
What our customers tell us
I like the fact that AVKO know their paint for glass products inside out – they can edit the mix just for me and tell me anything you need to know about ingredients, applications, you name it.Sam
We have used AVKO for specialist applications for many years. AVKO LE range is second to none.Derek
The team are always reliable and the products are customisable for every task. This paint will outline me.John
Meet some of our specialist team
Paint for glass and Acrylic Sheet
Further info and benefits
Our paint for glass is available in several finishes: solid colours, frosted, translucent, metallic, sparkles and crackle effects.
(paint for external use only)
- 2K application
- Spray paint-spray gun application
- Time and cost-saving: no baking off required
- No primer required
- paint for glass and Acrylic sheet
- Spray ready- just mix in the hardener
- Chemically cured to react with substrate
- Air-drying paint- can be used after 24 hours, GTO cross hatch after 3 days
- 40-60 microns’ dry film thickness
- 100-120 microns’ wet film thickness
- Paint can be applied wet on wet
- Exterior quality paint and highly resistant to chemicals
- Saves on drying time – quick and cost effective
- Can be applied vertically on A frames, horizontally on trestles or a rotating table
- Theoretical coverage is approx. 8 metres squared- excluding loss caused by over spray
- Hardener 279. Mix ratios 10:1 or 4:1 (all mixes are on the tin and TDS.) It’s important that the correct amount is put in as this will affect the drying time & adhesion
- Pot life of 8 hours once paint has been mixed with hardener
- The first paint coat will be the one that you will see, so care is required. If any marks appear, the profile must be cleaned off straight away and started again. After about an hour of drying, the paint coating will be very hard to remove, and you will probably end up damaging the glass
- Tack free within about 3-5 minutes, touch dry 10 minutes. Dried (can be handled) after 1 hour. Suitable for re coating after 1 hour. 70% cured in 1 hr at 20°C Can be cured quickly with catalytic heaters (10-30 minutes)
- Will flash off in around 2-3 minutes. Next coat can be applied.
- It can cure from 8-10 degrees and above. At 20% it will be 70% cured in about an hour and will be dry enough to handle
- Can be left to chemically cure for 24hrs.
- Must not be subject to sub-zero temperatures before it has a chance to cure, as it will go brittle and not cure properly
- Nozzle 1.4 -1.8mm (depending on finish)
- We sell paint in tins of 1,3 and 5 litres
- For glass paint, we recommend low iron optiwhite glass
- With colour matching we work to tight tolerances
- Free colour matching service With colour matching we work to tight tolerances to ensure consistency
- We also offer other glass finished such as, metallic, sparkle, rainbow sparkle, crackle effect, mirror, frosted, translucent & metallic sparkle.
- Further first-class technical support available online, via phone and email
- Free colour matching service