How to obtain the desired glitter effects with AVKO Specialist Coatings and Professional Paints.
- Glass to be cleaned using Avkote Glass cleaner. Ensure the surface is spotless and thoroughly cleaned ready for application.
- Surface is ready for glitter to be applied.
- Separate guns and stirrers etc are needed due to the glitter’s tendency to contaminate, as they contain silicone
- Stir thoroughly before use. Application needs to be fast as the heaviness of the glitter makes it sink to the bottom of the lacquer in a sediment fashion. To avoid this you need to ensure the glitter is suspended in the clear coat at all times.
- You need to apply 2 coats in different directions. The second coat at 90 degrees to the first.
- Spray on a horizontal surface not vertical due to movement and running of the glitter down the glass.
- You need to allow 20-30 mins for the glitter to dry.
- The colour backing can then be applied as normal, however contrasil needs to be added to the GP to avoid separation and reaction to the glitter. You will only require 1-2% contrasil per 1 ltr of GP.
- You will need a few attempts to achieve this new specialist effect.